- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crema con sal (salted Mexican-style sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add onion and butter; saute until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli, chicken broth, and whipping cream.
Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, for 5 minutes, then switch to the quick-release method to release the remaining pressure, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
Stir in Cheddar cheese, crema con sal, and garlic granules. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.