Time: 20 Mins Yield Serves 4 (serving size:
1 chicken thigh, 1/2 cup broccoli, and 1/3 cup pepper mixture)
Anchovy paste lends depth without tasting fishy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (12-oz.) pkg. Fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place, skin side up, on one side of a rimmed baking sheet.
Combine remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and broccoli in a bowl; add to other side of pan with chicken. Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Return skillet to medium-high. Add onion and bell peppers; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, thyme, and anchovy paste; cook 1 minute. Stir in stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in vinegar. Serve with chicken and broccoli.