- 2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 tea bags
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- In a small saucepan, combine water, honey, ginger and cardamom; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour over tea bags in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Steep 3-5 minutes according to taste.
- Strain tea back into saucepan, discarding ginger and tea bags. Stir in milk; heat through.
3/4 cup: 55 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.