This velvety fall favourite is ideal for those following a keto or low-carb diet plan, and the entire household will like it! I utilize bone broth if I have it on hand, nevertheless chicken stock works simply.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons zero-calorie brown sugar substitute (such as Lakanto Golden®)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounces) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream (Optional)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, or to taste (Optional)
- 3 tablespoons crushed walnuts (Optional)
- Step 1
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic. Saute until the onion is beginning to soften, 2 to 3 more minutes. Stir in sugar substitute, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour in chicken stock and stir to combine. Whisk in pumpkin puree, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Step 2
Blend soup carefully until smooth using an immersion blender. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream and adjust salt, if necessary. Garnish with a drizzle of heavy cream and crushed walnuts.